Howland’s woman held after confrontation | News, sports, jobs

City says 7,000 summer jobs are available for Boston youth ages 14 to 18

Warren – The Howland woman was declared a danger to herself and others by a Warren County judge.

Anita Lash, 62, of Ridge Road, SE, was brought to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for a mental evaluation after Howland police said they stopped two people from leaving her Howland home last week.

Lach was the subject of a brief confrontation on the evening of 12 April at her home. It came to court Tuesday where, after ordering a risk assessment, Judge Terry Evanchak ordered Lash to be brought to the hospital for further testing.

Records show that the court will begin cooperating with the Trumbull County probate court in the case because the woman has no violent crime history or warrants.

Another hearing is scheduled for later in the Ivanchak court. One of the conditions of a woman’s bond is that she stays off Ridge Road property.

Lash was arrested after Howland officers were sent to the 3100 block of Ridge Road to deal with a woman who did not allow two people, identified as a 52-year-old Niles man and a 42-year-old Warren woman, to leave her home.

The man told the officers that the woman, identified as Lash, had barricaded all the doors and was carrying a gun.

During the standoff, the officers closed off Ridge Road with two officers going to the back of the house with other authorities from Weathersfield, Neils and Warren to set up a perimeter.

After a while, one of the officers broke through the door and the officers put the woman into custody. She was described as aggressive and hostile as her hands were tied and removed.

The detained man told officers that he and his girlfriend met the woman at the hospital and she asked if he could do jobs, such as fixing cars and doing garden work. The man said he would help her, so they came to her house five days before the confrontation. The man said the woman turned hostile and told them “They belong there now.” The report stated that she held them hostage for several days.

Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox