Windows 11 has an improved conversion tool for taking screenshots with delays and different methods. However, the built-in tool is very basic as it does not allow you to handle multi-page documents and entire web pages.
You can use third-party extensions or built-in tools on your browser to take full-page screenshots. For desktop applications, you can use screenshot tools like ShareX to capture scrolling screenshots on Windows 11. We examine the best built-in tools and third-party desktop apps for taking scrolling screenshots on Windows 11.
If you have a multi-page document that you want to save as a screenshot, the Snipping Tool can’t handle it. On the other hand, ShareX is an excellent, open source and free screen recording utility for the Windows operating system. It is out there as one of the best screenshot tools for Windows.
ShareX offers excellent screenshot capture and editing features that many free screenshot utilities don’t offer. Additionally, it offers a scroll capture option to take full-page screenshots of your documents, apps, and websites.
Follow these steps to use ShareX to take full-screen screenshots on Windows.
- Go to ShareX page And click take down. Next, select preparation Or Portable button to download the app in the format of your choice.
- Next, right-click on ShareX icon in the system tray.
- Choose Pick it up And then click Scrolling recording.
- Next, select the application window you want to format.
- When Scrolling recording A dialog will pop up, where you can set pre-recording and post-recording options. The default option should work with most apps though.
- Click on Start scrolling the recording And ShareX will automatically scroll the selected window and take a screenshot.
- In the preview dialog, you can customize the image counter, remove any item, screenshot borders, and more. To save the screenshot, click Upload/Save Depending on the settings after recording.
- Enter a name for the screenshot and click Save.
- You can find the saved screenshot in the ShareX task list or the ShareX folder in File Explorer at the following location.
You can also assign hotkeys to take scrolling screenshots with ShareX. To do this:
- Launch ShareX and click Hotkey settings option in the left pane.
- Click on Add Button.
- Next, go to Screen recording And choose Scrolling recording.
- Click on nothing else Press the shortcut combo on your keyboard that you want to assign to the field and scroll capture. For example, press Ctrl + Shift + S
- Press it next time you want to take a scrolling screenshot Ctrl + Shift + S To activate the mode.
That said, make sure the assigned shortcut isn’t used by another application on your PC to avoid conflicts.
Nowadays, browsers can have their own screenshot tools either natively or with extensions. Browsers such as Microsoft Edge and Firefox provide built-in functionality to perform this task. But you need to use hidden screenshot or screenshot on Chrome.
Note that websites often use a lazy loading method to load media only when it is needed on the website. So before starting the screenshot tool, make sure the website is fully loaded.
Take full-screen screenshots with Microsoft Edge
To take full-screen photos on Edge:
- Launch the browser and make sure the website loads completely.
- Right click and select to view the context menu Web recording. Alternatively, press Ctrl + Shift + S Screenshot to open the device.
- Next, click on Take a full page. Edge automatically captures the active web page.
- You can further annotate the captured screenshot with the graphics tool or undo the changes. erase Optional. Once you’re done, tap . Save To save the file to your local drive. If not, click copy button to copy the screenshot to your clipboard.
Take full-page screenshots in Firefox
In Firefox, you can use the Take Screenshot tool to take full-page, custom, or viewable page screenshots. Here’s how to do it.
- Start Firefox And open the website to screenshot.
- Next, right-click on the website and select Take a screenshot.
- Choose Save full page in the upper right corner.
- Preview the captured screenshot to see if it’s in order.
- Click on take down To save the screenshot. Alternatively, click copy To save the screenshot to your clipboard.
Firefox Take Screenshot does not have options to annotate and edit the screenshots taken. Therefore, you should rely on third-party website annotation tools to remember important points and highlight areas of focus. Alternatively, you can import the screenshot into ShareX and edit it.
Take full screen screenshots in Google Chrome
Chrome is still implementing a scrolling screenshot feature for the browser. While you can use the hidden demo tool to take screenshots in Chrome, it’s not for everyone.
One way to overcome this limitation in Chrome is to use the third-party screenshot extension FireShot. It’s one of the most popular and well-rated extensions in the Chrome Web Store, and for good reason.
FireShot, as the name suggests, lets you take full-page screenshots on Chrome. You can also use it on any Chromium browser. In addition, you can save screenshots in PDF or PNG format.
- Go to FireShot page on the Chrome Web Store And install the extension.
- Open the website and click to download Extension icon in the toolbar. Choose FireShot And then click Format the entire page.
- In the preview window, you can choose to save the screenshot as a PNG or PDF file. Also, use the share option to send or print your screenshot.
There are many third-party screenshots available for Chrome. However, it still lacks the convenience and performance offered by Edge and Firefox’s built-in utilities.
Taking full screen screenshots on Windows 11
ShareX is a great tool not only for taking screenshots, but also for editing them afterwards. However, the scrolling capture feature is more suitable for capturing desktop applications. To scrape long web pages, you can use the built-in tool on Edge and Firefox, or choose a third-party extension on Google Chrome.
We offer you some site tools and assistance to get the best result in daily life by taking advantage of simple experiences