Dual Credit – Object-Oriented Programming and Web Development
Benefits of program B
- Just start your high school education
- Build confidence by developing learning strategies and skills that support learning transitions
- Learn about continuing opportunities and internships after high school
- Experienced instructors who are connected to industry and support students to make meaningful connections with career paths
- Get high school credits and high school credits
Credit – 10, 30 le vel CTS
6 post-secondary credits
Student El i gibility
Open to CBE High School Students:
- They are in 11th or 12th grade during the program.
- Have a strong desire to pursue a career in software development
- We are very excited about taking post-secondary courses
- They can arrange their own transportation from SAIT to their home high school for the duration of the program.
- They are on track to successfully pass the following courses or equivalents:
- Mathematics 30-1 or 30-2 (minimum 60%)
- ELA 30-1 or 30-2 (minimum 60%)
“Power User Hardware and Software”. Available Technology:
- This course is offered in person at SAIT, so students must have a place in their timetable for Semester 1 in September 2023.
- Students are expected to spend 5-10 hours of independent work per week in addition to SAIT teaching time.
- Students are expected to meet regularly with both their CBE supervision teacher and SAIT teachers.
Program delivery and delivery
This course is offered in person at SAIT (1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary, AB T2M 0L4).
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the SAIT campus
- Students are required to attend every day of this year-round program
- Students must meet all course assignments, quizzes, and exam deadlines
- Attendance is critical to success in this program.
- Semester 1 | September to December 22, 2023
- Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 11:30 am
How to apply
- Read the course(s) you want to apply for
- You are encouraged to attend
Information sessions before or after you apply to the program(s) to make sure the program is right for you
- Download and complete the Dual Credit and Exploratory Program Application Form.
- Check the application list and make sure all the items are complete
- Make an appointment with your off-campus coordinator and/or guidance counselor to have your application completed and signed by all parties
- The school will submit the application for special tracks on your behalf
All applications must be received by Friday, May 26, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. Application does not guarantee placement in the program.
Dual Credit and Exploratory Program Application Form
Special Pathways invites students and parents to schedule information sessions regarding the details of the program(s) of interest. Follow the link for meeting dates, times and a link to an online information session.
In the year