Baton Rouge area added about 2,300 jobs from January to February, including 1,600 new construction jobs, Baton Rouge Area Chamber reports.
Construction added about 3,900 jobs year over year, representing growth of 8.4%. Meanwhile, the size of the labor force in the metropolitan region has reached a new record, increasing by 10,700 people (or 2.5%) over two months, says the Bangladesh Rural Development Commission.
More tips from the BRAC Monthly Economic Indicator Report:
- Other sectors showing year-over-year growth include manufacturing (1,900 new jobs), education and healthcare (1,700), and leisure and hospitality (1,600).
- The professional and business services sector added jobs (plus 400) for the first time in four months.
- Sectors that lost jobs on a yearly basis include commerce, transportation and utilities (down 1,000 jobs) and government (down 500).
- The region’s unemployment rate fell to 3.1% in February.
- Job advertisements stagnated in February after declining for two months.
- Health care has led the region in total wage growth since 2020, while the professional and scientific services sector added 578 businesses.
Read more here.