A look at ex-professors affected by inclement weather | News, sports, jobs

City says 7,000 summer jobs are available for Boston youth ages 14 to 18


Sponsors leave the course after play is suspended for the day due to weather that delayed the third round of the Masters golf tournament at Augusta National Golf Club on Saturday, April 8, 2023 in Augusta, Georgia (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

AUGUSTA, Georgia (AP) — A look at the Masters tournaments that have been affected by inclement weather over the past four decades:

2019 – Round two delayed by half an hour. Split tees were used for the final round, which started at 7:30 am on Sunday in anticipation of bad weather later in the day. The leaders followed at 9:20 a.m., with Tiger Woods winning his fifth green jacket.

2006 – A four-hour delay on Saturday meant Round Three was completed on Sunday morning. Phil Mickelson went on to claim his second Masters title.

2005 – A five-hour delay on Thursday causes the Round 1 match to be suspended due to darkness with 68 players remaining on the course. They returned to complete the opening round on Friday morning. Further weather delays pushed completion of the third round to Saturday. The third round was suspended due to darkness and had to be completed on Sunday morning. Woods won the title for the fourth time by defeating Chris DiMarco in a playoff.

2000 – A two-hour delay on Saturday ended the third round on Sunday morning. The green jacket was taken by Vijay Singh.

1992 – The third round was interrupted for nearly three hours due to thunderstorms, with play halted at 7:50 pm due to darkness. Six players were forced to complete the third round on Sunday morning, and Fred Couples rounded off the day with a Masters win.

1989 – The third round is suspended for two hours. It finished 12 players Sunday morning before Nick Faldo earned his first of two consecutive green jackets with a win over Scott Hoch.

1984 – The third round was suspended twice due to bad weather and had to be completed on Sunday morning. Ben Crenshaw went on to get the win.

1983 – The newest four Masters finish on Monday due to bad weather. The schedule was derailed with a 40-minute delay in the opening round, and then play was completely wiped out by torrential rain on Friday. Round two finally got under way at 11am on Saturday, but further weather delays pushed its end to the next morning. The third round finally got underway at 10:54 a.m. on Sunday, forcing the final round to take place on Monday, with Saif Ballesteros grabbing his second green jacket.


AP Golf: https://apnews.com/hub/golf and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports

Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox